To view the designed article with photos and text visit the following link: https://5il.co/1u4bx
Text in the article is located below:
The first combined Perkins/Lincoln School Family Game Night held at Perkins School May 4th was a huge success and was attended by 245 people, including 85 students from both schools.
The Candy Land-themed, fun-filled event, built around a math emphasis, was held in four areas of the school.
Gym-Board games & math and movement Games
Kindergarten Hall- Math Games like Make 7 and dominoes
Cafeteria- Pizza, water, cookies Every family received a board game to take home as they left the event.
“The school transformed into Candy Land on Thursday night,” said Perkins Principal Pete Czerkas. “Our combined math team from Perkins/Lincoln, Mrs. Wilbert (AP), as well as many more volunteers made Math/Game Night a wonderful event for our families. Thank you to all our community agencies for your donations and support. This year’s event had 4x the participants."
"It was great to see families come together and spend time with one another for Family Game Night. Having both sets of school families under one roof was such a special event,” said Lincoln School Principal Kari Hamelinck.
The event was organized by Lincoln and Perkins School Principal MaryKate Wilbert who credited these folks for its success:
• AIS Math Providers from Lincoln/Perkins Jessica Herendeen and Jamie Yonker from Perkins and Elaine Erb from Lincoln.
• Lincoln SHAPE teacher Cara Colf
• Amanda Richwalder-Lincoln Kindergarten Teacher
• Cari Taylor-Perkins Teaching Assistant
• Marie Colacino- Perkins UPK Teaching Assistant
• Danielle Watt and Jeannine King- Perkins Reading Teachers
• Lincoln Principal Kari Hamelinck and Perkins Principal Peter Czerkas
Wegmans donated water and cookies and the Novem Group of Rochester donated the pizza.