To view the designed article visit: https://5il.co/1lasa
Text in article below:
Retired Perkins School music teacher Maria Walton, who volunteers on behalf of the NCSD Music Department to help the Newark Food Closet, is reminding everyone nonperishable food, personal hygiene items and monetary donations will be collected at 11 concerts this school year.
Walton is asking folks who’ll be attending to bring one or more items with them that will be given to the Food Closet or they can opt to provide a monetary donation.
Noting that there are more than 650 students in Newark schools involved in music, Walton encouraged their families, friends and relatives attending these concerts to help.
“The Food Closet always gets lots of donations during the holiday season, but then it drops off drastically in winter and spring. I am hoping that people will donate items for the Food Closet at all of our concerts and will associate going to a concert with doing so.”
Newark Food Closet President Lisa Barrett said donations, especially after Christmas, are very important because fewer people typically donate after the holiday season.
She said the Food Closet, located in the basement of the Emmanuel United Methodist Church now serves all of Wayne County and is open from 10 until noon Monday through Friday and the third Saturday of each month from 9-10.Walton will be collecting food at the following concerts this school year:
• 6th Grade Band/Chorus Concert, 6:30 p.m., December 13th, Middle School
• 7th and 8th Grade Band/Chorus Holiday Concert, 7:30 p.m., Dec. 13th, Middle School
• Kelley School Beginning and Continuing Band, 4th and 5th grade Choruses and
Bucket Brigade Holiday Concert, 7 p.m., December 15th, Kelley School Auditorium
• High School Music Department Holiday Concert, 7:30 p.m., December 19th, High
• Grades 4-12 Cavalcade of Bands, 7 p.m., March 7th, High School Gymnasium
• Grades 4-12 Festival of Song Choral Concert, 7 p.m., March 14th, High School
• Kelley School 4th and 5th grade Bands, 3rd, 4th and 5th grade Choruses and Bucket
Brigade Concert, 7 p.m., June 1st, Kelley School Auditorium
• High School Concert Band and Wind Ensemble Concert, 7:30 p.m., June 5th, High
• 6th, 7th and 8th Grade Band Concert, 7:15 p.m., June 6th, Middle School Auditorium
• High School Chamber and Mixed Choir Concert, 7:30 p.m., June 7th, High School
• 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade Chorus Concert, 7 p.m., June 12th, Middle School Auditorium