To view the designed article with photos and text visit the following link: https://5il.co/1tuc6
Text in the article is located below:
Retired Perkins School music teacher Maria Walton, who volunteers on behalf of the NCSD Music Department to help the Newark Food Closet, is reminding everyone non-perishable food, personal hygiene items and monetary donations will be collected at the 5 remaining concerts this school year.
Walton is asking folks who’ll be attending to bring one or more items with them that will be given to the Food Closet, or they can opt to provide a monetary donation.
Noting that there are more than 650 students in Newark schools involved in music, Walton encouraged their families, friends and relatives attending these concerts to help.
“The Food Closet always gets lots of donations during the holiday season, but then it drops off drastically in winter, spring, and summer. We are hoping to stock the food closet shelves for the summer months. The Newark food closet runs very low on food during the summer.”
The Food Closet, located in the basement of the Emmanuel United Methodist Church now serves all of Wayne County and is open from 10 until noon Monday through Friday and the third Saturday of each month from 9-10.
Walton will be collecting food at the following concerts this school year:
• Kelley School 4th and 5th grade Bands, 3rd, 4th and 5th grade Choruses and Bucket Brigade Concert, 7 p.m., June 1st, Kelley School Auditorium
• High School Concert Band and Wind Ensemble Concert, 7:30 p.m., June 5th, High School Auditorium.
• 6th, 7th and 8th Grade Band Concert, 7:15 p.m., June 6th, Middle School Auditorium
• High School Chamber and Mixed Choir Concert, 7:30 p.m., June 7th, High School Auditorium
• 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade Chorus Concert, 7 p.m., June 12th, Middle School Auditorium