Newark High School Administration
Mr. Nick Ganster
315-332-3242Mr. Jason DentelAssistant PrincipalMrs. Tiffany CohrsAssistant Principal Intern315-332-3243Welcome to the Newark High School website. Please feel free to explore our site so that you can get a sense of the incredibly varied experience that is Newark High School. Be sure to visit our growing Twitter community dedicated to accentuating the positives of being a part of NHS. Also, be sure to keep abreast by monitoring our homepage for new Shortcuts, Announcements, News and Headlines.The main office team brings many years of teaching and leadership experience to Newark High School. The core principles that drive our thinking are anchored in the following tenets: Be Respectful, Be Responsible, Be Safe and A Community. Measuring our work against the following keys to educating young adolescents compels us to regularly reflect upon and adjust our approach:
- A shared vision developed by all stakeholders guides every decision.
- Leaders are committed to and knowledgeable about this age group, educational research, and best practices.
- Leaders demonstrate courage and collaboration.
- Ongoing professional development reflects best educational practices.
- Organizational structures foster purposeful learning and meaningful relationships.
- The school environment is inviting, safe, inclusive, and supportive of all.
- Every student’s academic and personal development is guided by an adult advocate.
- Comprehensive guidance and support services meet the needs of young adolescents.
- Health and wellness are supported in curricula, school-wide programs, and related policies.
- The school actively involves families in the education of their children.
- The school includes community and business partners.
A more profound measure of our success is evident when we reflect upon the intellectual, social and emotional development that cannot be captured on report cards. We are nurturing, extremely capable, creative, and ethical leaders who are positively changing the world of our students. To live the Newark High School experience is to engage regularly with teaching and learning that is innovative and progressive. Project Lead the Way, Advanced Placement, integrated and embedded Social and Emotional Learning, Gemini, cutting edge technological applications, two languages, and an array of experiences in literature and the arts make up the fabric of our academic programs. A vast menu of competitive athletic teams supported by steadfast leadership helps to build character and life skills via competition, teamwork, and friendship.
The district vision is alive in our work and as a result, our dedicated and experienced staff, caring and supportive parents, supportive benefactors, and community partner’s model lifelong learning. The vision states: “Newark Central School District is the centerpiece of our community that binds students, staff, families and neighbors through a profound sense of hometown pride. We engage all students with the diverse opportunities and academic experiences they need to reach their maximum potential. Our students thrive in an environment of high expectations, collaboration and respect. Effective communication and sustained connections foster a sense of importance, contributing to the success of every student every day. Newark Central School District is the centerpiece of our community that binds students, staff, families and neighbors through a profound sense of hometown pride. We engage all students with the diverse opportunities and academic experiences they need to reach their maximum potential. Our students thrive in an environment of high expectations, collaboration and respect. Effective communication and sustained connections foster a sense of importance, contributing to the success of every student every day."Our quest to enable students to become independent learners and thinkers who can apply what they have learned in real-life situations is never ending. Our hope is that graduates of Newark High School are “ready” to enter the workforce, the military or to continue their education. So browse our website to get to know us, "follow” us on Twitter and if you have any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Mr. Jason Dentel-Assistant Principal
- Mrs. Tiffany Cohrs-Assistant Principal Intern
- Mr. Chris Corey-Director of Health, PE & Athletics/Dean
- Ms. Sonya Mateo-Secretary to the Principal
- Ms. Liz George-Secretary to the Assistant Principal
- Ms. Diane Muilwyk-Secretary to the Athletic Director
- Mrs. Christine Cassetta-Acquista-Receptionist/Attendance Officer
- Ms. Patty Verbridge-Counseling Office Secretary