At home learning begins with access. Take a look at our Technology Services webpage for opportunities that may enhance your access! This includes scheduled support sessions with members of our technology team. Click here for an updated summary of support options. Also, student Schoology access will likely be trending soon. Students can click here when interested in joining Schoology.
In the days ahead we will make a shift from preserving learning with the materials distributed to students on March 16, 2020, to fostering learning with new materials scheduled to be distributed to students weekly via Schoology; beginning on April 14, 2020. In order to ensure the highest level of student attention and communication (engagement), an ongoing effort is vital between students, teachers, families, and building leadership. Reaching this high level begins with the Newark Central School District Continuity of Instruction Teacher Guide that informed the development of the High School At Home Learning Plan (versión en español) supported with:
- NHS At Home Learning Video Series: Hints, Tips, and Tricks:
- Organization of Learning Calendar (effective Monday, April 20 until...)
- Organization of Learning Calendar editable version (effective Monday, April 20 until...)
- Organization of Learning Calendar blank template
Updated April 23: Secondary Grading Procedures During Extended School Closure. More updates pending. Additional assessment/grading information:
- Use this spreadsheet to calculate what scores (bi-weekly feedback and/or grade repair) you need to pass a course for the year!
- Click here to get a sense of how teachers quantify progress into a rubric score
- NYSED Guidance on Regents and Graduation Requirement
- 4-17-2020 NYSCCA Presentation: Regents Exams and Grad Requirements
- LOTE Exam Exemptions
Below is a general clearinghouse of educational technology options for you to consider:Consider this pacing calendar to help with routines!