The NCSD IT Department
We are excited to support our educational community in the effective use of educational technology for teaching and learning. This work includes:
- Creating and implementing a vision for the effective use of instructional technology across the district.
- Aligning current and future actions to state and federal technology plans and initiatives.
- Management and support for more than 12,000 technology assets including desktops, laptops, iPads, Classroom projectors and Smartboards, printers, audio visual equipment, and more!
- Administering a technology helpdesk available to staff, students, and families connected to NCSD.
- Partnering with Wayne-Finger Lakes BOCES Edutech to oversee NCSD's technology infrastructure including physical and virtual servers, wired and wireless networks, and integrations including Microsoft, Google, and Apple.
- Enhancing our cybersecurity framework to protect the district's technology infrastructure from cyber attacks.
- The district-wide coordination of technology hardware and software purchases with a focus on maximizing available resources.
- System administration for a number of school and district software titles used for instruction and communication.
- Support for district security cameras, door access controls, sensors, and other security technologies.
- Technology projects in collaboration with other departments across the district.
IT Staff MembersMike Newman - Director of TechnologyAaron Sweet - Technology Integration CoachMike Ishler - IT Support SpecialistTim Liese - Network TechnicianErik Spahn - Senior Computer Support SpecialistAdam Perez - Computer Support SpecialistChad Cooper - Computer Support Specialist
The Newark CSD IT Department has technology staff available to support issues with district hardware and software. We welcome members of our educational community to contact the technology department using the email address and/or phone number provided below. Please know we are most effective when details of the issue are provided during the initial contact. A member of the IT department will contact you to as soon as they are able.
IT Department Hours: Monday-Friday from 7:00 am - 3:30 pm