Drama Club trip to NYC April 5-7, 2019
Your packet of paperwork contains:
- Emergency Contact Form (needs to be signed and returned by December 3)
- Medication Info from Nurses’ office and Physician’s Orders for meds (due March 8)
- Deposit/Refund schedule
- Packing list
- No refunds after January 7
Total cost per student = $500 Students can use existing Music Boosters fundraising and participate in any music fundraisers.
Students will always be in groups of 10-12 with their assigned chaperone. Very little on your own time.
Not using a travel company – if you want travel insurance you will have to go through your own agency
Cash needed for
- Lunch on the road Friday (or pack something)
- Lunch Saturday (or pack something)
- Breakfast Sunday (or pack something)
- Lunch on the road Sunday (or pack something)
- Souvenir money – optional
Travel Itinerary Outline (with clickable links!)
Thursday April 4
- Bring luggage - including carry on - to the NHS Auditorium between 7:00-7:30AM. Leave all medication labeled in ziploc baggie on outside of bag. LGI will be locked. Bags will be searched and nurse staff checks medication against what was turned in via the signed physician's form.
Friday April 5
- Depart NHS Friday 5:30AM travel via Niagara Scenic Charter Bus to NYC (time to arrive at NHS TBD)
- Arrive at hotel (The Manhattan at Times Square Hotel)
- 2:00PM-3:30PM Broadway Classroom Musical Theatre Song and Dance Workshop (we'll learn a piece from THE PROM from a cast member!)
- walk to dinner (may have 30 mins or so to pop into some stores in Times Square)
- 4:30PM Dinner at Buca di Beppo
- walk back to hotel, change for show, meet in lobby, walk to show
- 8:00PM Broadway show - THE PROM!
- walk back to hotel and LIGHTS OUT!
Saturday April 6
- 8:15AM Breakfast at Ellen's Stardust Diner
- Choose one:
- French Toast with Scrambled Eggs
- Sausage and Maple Syrup
- Pancakes with Scrambled Eggs, Sausage and Maple Syrup
- Scrambled Eggs with Bacon, Toast and Home Fries
- Ham and Cheese Omelet with Toast and Home Fries
- Choose one:
- take the subway to Lincoln Center
- 10:00-11:30AM Tour of Lincoln Center facilities (home of New York Philharmonic, New York City Ballet, Metropolitan Opera, Lincoln Center Theater, Jazz at Lincoln Center, etc.!)
- take subway back down to Times Square to shop/grab snack
- 2:00PM Broadway show - COME FROM AWAY!!
- 4:00PM Dinner at John's Pizza - Times Square (buffet - calzones, pizza, salad, soda, cookies, cannolis)
- Evening exploring Rockefeller Center area (shops, cool site seeing, St. Patrick's Cathedral, etc. must stay in groups with chaperones)
- 9:30PM Top of the Rock Tour
Sunday April 7
- Breakfast on your own near hotel (McDonalds across street, bagel/deli next store etc.)
- Time TBD Depart NYC Sunday morning to return to Newark Sunday early evening